Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Day 2 Unity GIU pop up explosion boxes

Day 2 GIU week  Unity Stamp co. rubber stamp  Mystical  Mermaid, sentiment and flower.

Explosion surprise pop up boxes. 
 These are really fun to make.  There are videos on YOUTUBE to help you learn how to fold cardstock.    Elephant behind, and pink bunny peeps from Unity with the little trees.  So fun and nice to get with a gift.  The washi tape allows you to fold flat and mail.  Additional mail rates may apply. They literally pop up once opened.  This is not so hard,but will require some patience.  I have a diecut machine that cuts the box flat. A  little washi tape, (you can use regular tape too), and it is all set up and ready to decorate.    In the mermaid box  I used Oxide inks, and colored in with daubers,  ink permanent blue, and decorated with die cuts and pinwheel, and stickers.  Don't forget to  leave comment for winner will be selected FRIDAY            
  !Stamps used all Unity Magical Mystical  Mermaid large stamp , Little trees called fall line up,  elephant behind. Lil bunny peeps. itty bitty by Unity Stamp Co.

Bunnies and elephant were embossed and cut out on pattern paper. For bunnies,embossed on pattern heart paper, for  elephant oxide ink on cardstock after I embossed and fussy cut them both.  Trees also  embossed thick and cut out simple and fun. adhesive tape squares or any brand that help you adhere to items helps give more dimension. 

9 comments:

  1. Making a pop up box card is on my to-do list! They really look fun to make (& to receive!). Yours are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try making a pop up box card, but I haven't tried it yet. I think they're so cool, and plan to try one soon! Thanks for sharing yours, they're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute! I've not tried pop ups yet, but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic pop up...I am intimidated and admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! I am totally intimidated by making pop-up box cards, but you have totally inspired me to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I love box cards like this and one year did all my cards for family in that style. I never thought about using stamps and fussy cutting them for the pop up parts, since I always just did die cuts. You have inspired me to do another whole set of them with my Unity stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards look like so much fun to put together! Love that gorgeous mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Unity peeps, Oh so not intimidating its really simple you can just use a paper folding technique and youtube has so many videos to teach you but there are dies and and paper cutting machines too. I find them super simple now that I have tried them. Use heavy cardstock or double it up that is the key a strong enough paper. now go try

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Explosion boxes are something I really need to try more of.

    ReplyDelete